MA (Fashion, HKPolyU)
MDes (Design Education, HKPolyU)
PhD Candidate (Design Economies- Entrepreneurship, HKPolyU)
Department of Art and Design
Tel: (852) 3963 5787
Tiffany holds two master’s degrees, one is a Master of Arts in Fashion and the second is a Master of Design in Design Education, both from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Her doctoral studies at the School of Design, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, is on Design Economies, specializing in Design Entrepreneurship for design start-ups and Design Education.
Her research interests include business incubation, design start-ups, design entrepreneurship, creative economy, creative entrepreneurs and design education. Tiffany also has experience working in practice as an interdisciplinary designer where she worked in fashion design and communication design.
She has worked for different brands from around the world, including from Japan, Europe and Hong Kong. Before joining the Department, she taught several courses, including design thinking, visual culture and design theories at School of Design, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong Baptist University and Hong Kong Design Institute.
She worked for the Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation in business incubation to help local design and technology start-ups to develop their businesses since 2005.
- Fong, T.W.M. (2020), “Design incubatees’ perspectives and experiences in Hong Kong”, Higher Education, Skills and Work-Based Learning, Emerald Publishing Limited, Vol. 10 No. 3, pp. 481–496. doi: 10.1108/HESWBL-10-2019-0130.
- FONG, T.W.M. (2019), “Creative entrepreneurship in Hong Kong”, the 13th Design Principle and Practice Conference, Common Ground, Russia. March, 2019
- FONG, T.W.M. (2018), “Entrepreneurship in Design Education in Hong Kong”, presented at the 7th PhD Colloquium, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China. April, 2018
- FONG, T.W.M. (2018), “Design Entrepreneurship Education”, presented at the PhD Design Winter School, School of Design, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, February, 2018
- FONG, T.W.M. (2017), “Design Incubation in Hong Kong”, Interactive Colloquia, presented at the Made in Hong Kong, School of Design, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, December, 2017
- FONG, T.W.M. & AU, W.M. (2015-2016), “A comparative study on advancing local designers to entrepreneurship”. VTC seed research fund, Hong Kong Design Institute. (Principal Investigator)
- Business Incubation and Start-ups
- Design/Creative Entrepreneurship and Creative Economy
- Design Education and Design Thinking