Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Cultural and Creative Industries (BA-CCI)
Cultural and creative industries span across the disciplines of the arts, media, design and heritage. These multi-disciplinary studies encompass the core subjects in business, management, humanities and social sciences. In Hong Kong, upon a decade of development and government initiatives, cultural and creative industries are categorised into the following 11 industry sectors:
1. Art, antiques and crafts
2. Cultural education and library, archive and museum services
3. Performing arts
4. Film, video and music
5. Television and radio
7. Software, computer games and interactive media
11. Amusement services
- Integrative, Multi-disciplinary and Cognate Curriculum
The programme is unique in the sense that it aims to address the cognate issues of the creative industry sector as a whole rather than with specific industries or individual disciplines, thus enabling students to apply their knowledge in whatever industries they may engage with later on in their career.
- Variety of Approach and Comprehensive Training
Students will have exposure to different subjects, methodologies, concepts and approaches to learning. They will receive training with a business foundation for language proficiency and communication competence, and acquire comprehensive knowledge in the development and operation of cultural and creative industries from inter-disciplinary perspectives.
- Field Experience and Interaction
The programme attaches great importance to field experience. Students will have opportunity to engage in the cultural and creative industry sectors through exchange, placement and internship programmes.
- Industry and Institution Collaboration
The programme will build up collaborative partnership with cultural and creative industry companies, associations and cultural institutions to promote student learning, research and practice opportunities.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Programme, students should be able to:
- Address professional and personal challenges through the application of multi-disciplinary knowledge acquired;
- Communicate effectively in academic and business-related contexts, and in a team with effective social and interpersonal skills;
- Evaluate own contributions and responsibilities in becoming responsible citizens in a multi-cultural environment;
- Employ theories, concepts and research methodologies in social sciences to examine various contemporary issues related to different kinds of cultural and creative industries;
- Apply knowledge and theories to solving problems in cultural and creative industries, addressing social, cultural, technological and professional issues;
- Incorporate art, culture and business management considerations into cultural and creative activities, events and businesses;
- Design and/or produce cultural and creative activities, events and businesses with specific skills in management and organisation to serve both the local and international community.
|Title of Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Cultural and Creative Industries|
|QR Registration number assigned by QR Authority||18/000837/L5|
|Validity period of the relevant QR entry||08/11/2018 To 31/08/2027|
|Area of Study / Training||Arts, Design and Performing Arts|
Students can find the list of all modules offered by CCI at the Registry’s website:
Currently, there are 6 Major Elective modules offered by the CCI Programme:
CCI1101 Art of Innovation
CCI2101 Western Art and Architecture
CCI2102 Museum and Public Empowerment in Digital Era
CCI3101 Asian Cities, Culture and Heritage
CCI3102 Emerging Art Forms and Practices
Two Major Elective modules offered by other departments:
BUS3003 Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications
TRA4102 Translation for the Arts Industry
Two Free Elective modules offered by the CCI Programme:
CCI1102 Introduction to eSports
CCI1103 Internet Literature
Two General Education (GE) modules offered by the Department of Art and Design:
CCI1104 Creative Thinking – Cluster 1
AD1102 Art Appreciation – Cluster 1
The BA-CCI programme will prepare graduates to be capable personnel for a wide range of careers in both private and public sectors where a solid knowledge in humanities and social and sophisticated understanding of cultural and creative industries is required.
|Industry / Companies||Position|
|Cultural and Creative-related industries||Project Management Trainee / Assistant / Consultant|
|Exhibition and Event-related Industries||Venue and Event Management Trainee / Assistant|
|Business and Social Entrepreneurship||Business Development Trainee / Assistant, Administrative Assistant|
|Tourism and Leisure Industries||Customer Service Officer / Trainee|
|Retail and Service Industries||Assistant and Service Designer|
Minimum Admission Requirements
Year 1 Standard Entry A. Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination Level 3 or above in Chinese Language and English Language, Level 2 or above in Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one other subject in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination.
B. International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme 24 points (including 3 subjects at Higher Level and 3 at Standard Level, 12 points or above to be obtained from subjects at Higher Level), i.e. completion of IB Diploma.
C. SAT Qualification – A minimum of 1650 on SAT Reasoning Test (Prior to March 2016) or 1190 on Redesigned SAT (From March 2016). – Secondary school examination results are suggested to be considered apart from the SAT score.
Year 2 Standard Entry
Applicants should have completed an Associate Degree or Higher Diploma in a related discipline from a recognised institution in Hong Kong or overseas, with a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (cGPA) of 2.3 or equivalent.
Year 3 Standard Entry
Applicants should have completed an Associate Degree or Higher Diploma in a related discipline from a recognised institution in Hong Kong or overseas, with a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (cGPA) of 2.5 or equivalent, and pass the assessment as required by the programme, e.g. written test, interview, etc